Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wild Turkey Day


So, I looked at my boys whose picky palates prefer only pizza, corn dogs or chicken nuggets, and wondered why I would go to all the work of a big Thanksgiving dinner when they wouldn't eat it anyway. We decided to do a very non-traditional Thanksgiving and we went to San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park with our friends the Johnsons. It was a great day! The park wasn't that crowded and it wasn't too hot. We ate our "ghetto" Thanksgiving dinner at Hoff's Hut. I didn't even get up at 5:00 am to go shopping on Black Friday. Very non-traditional, but we loved it!


True Jungle Boys

James on our Journey to Africa Tour

Spencer vs. the Gorilla



Flamingos may be cute, but they sure stunk!
James and Spencer at the Petting Zoo in the park.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You go girl! It looks like you had a great holiday! I don't blame you for not going all crazy on a big dinner if no one is going to eat it. Love the pictures.

Desiree said...

What a fabulous idea! I'm glad you had fun. The boys are getting too big.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Old Friend! So much to say... First, love your Thanksgiving - what a great day to spend the day. Second, I had a very vivid dream about you and your family the other night; I dreamed we were making Rice Krispie Treats in your kitchen and our kids were running/crawling around together. It was so good to be with you after all these 15 years...even if only in a dream. And last, I love that you busted out the Mariah Carey "All I Want for Christmas is You" because I dislike her about 335 days a year except when I can hear this song over and over again... That and her version of O Holy Night - give me chills for real.
More later... keep bloggin' and cooking...I'll be back to check out what you're up to.