Monday, February 2, 2009

Field trip with Spencer

I drove kids in Spencer's class to their field trip to the wet lands at Huntington Beach. I went too far and had to turn around, but the time we were gone was significant enough that his teacher called me to see where I was. I'm sure there is no doubt in her mind now where Spencer gets his mental capabilities.
They gave us a native plant to try called pickleweed. It is a natural laxative. Good thing the sample was pretty small since I had four boys in my car.

This is what pickleweed looks like. It actually wasn't that bad.
We also got to go on a walk around the wet lands.
It was a fun day out with Spencer!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Pickleweed...mmmhhh sounds yummy.

ashcraft8 said...

We always love the wet land fieldtrips.

Lisa said...

I just wanted to say "hi!" You have such a beautiful family!!!

Debra Goodey said...

Wow, the field trips in California are sure different from the ones here in Utah. Looks like fun. Spencer is lucky to have a mom who is always going on the field trips with him.

Brooke said...

Cute Blog Natalie! You are such a fun writer...always make me laugh :)

Cynthia said...

Nat - That's so neat that you can go do these things with your boys. I want to be a mother like that....some day!