
February 7th is a significant day for me. It's not a holiday, or my anniversary, nor is it anyone's birthday. Today Faith lived one day longer than Katie. When Spencer was born, I didn't know that going through open heart surgery wasn't normal or medicating a newborn around the clock was hard. When I had James who was born healthy, I realized that what I did for Spencer was hard. I knew when Katie died that I wasn't ready to let her go. We didn't have her nearly long enough. Now that I've had Faith, I realize how really short our time was with Katie. Today I'm grateful for my children more than ever, grateful we are alive and missing my little angel who isn't with us.

The top picture is Katie, but the rest are the latest of Faith.

13 comments:
Thanks for making me totally cry! Katie was lucky to have been born into a wonderful family, as is Faith. You have definately experienced many miracles in your life-what a privilege. Enjoy each and every moment with your family!
I think everyone who knows your family misses Katie right along with you. You truly appreciate the greatest joys in this life, because you have also experienced some of the deepest sorrows. It is witness to me of the truth and wisdom of our Heavenly Father's plan. Thanks for sharing.
What a sweet post Natalie. Little Katie was so lucky to be in your family, even if for a short time. You are an amazing mother. We are all grateful for forever families.
It's interesting to me that you would be writing about this at this time. Just last Sat. night I was marveling about how you have survived your loss and still found joy and happiness in your life. It's takes a strong person to live through sorrow and go on living, loving and laughing as you have. We miss that little Katie and were so happy we got to meet her in her short life. We love you all so much and feel blessed to call you family.
It is a great day. She is so big and beautiful. I love you Nat!
Katie is truly blessed to have you for a mother. I am sure she is counting the days until she is able to see you again and express her love to you face to face. Thanks for always being such a wonderful example of what a forever family ought to be.
You have beautiful girls. This is a beautiful post. All of your children are blessed to have such an amazing eternal family!
Hey Nat,
Just wanted to remind you that I often think of you and your family and what you have been through and how gracefully and faithfully you have handled your challenges. You are a wonderful example to me and your children are so lucky to have such a wonderful mom.
What a wonderful tribute. I'm totally vaklempt now. Kristen Brown
I'm so glad we get to see Katie in Faith's sweet little face! They are definitely sisters!
I totally know how you feel. When Matty turned 3 1/2 months I realized how short of a time Drew was here with us. We both have such special people wanting for us on the other side and I look forward to the day I get to hug and see him again!
Very touching post!
What beautiful words into your thoughts. You and Doug are in our thoughts often, and you inspire me w/your grace and strength, as I go clumsily along in my life. Y'all are amazing!
Post a Comment