Tuesday, May 5, 2009

She Would be Three

Saturday was Katie's birthday, and we were so excited we could be at her grave on her birthday this year. We had a party with balloons, cupcakes, ice cream, flowers and singing. After we sang we let her balloons go so she could reach down and get them.
It has been three years since Katie came to our family, and not a day goes by that I don't feel that she is missing and our family has a hole in it for this time on earth. Has three years made a difference in my grief? Not really. I do, however, realize with Faith here this year, that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers, and life goes on only because we have no choice but to keep on going.
Happy Third Birthday, Katie! I love you.

8 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Tears. What a special birthday for your sweet girl.

Trisha said...

I love everything you said, how nice that you got to be there on her birthday. Faith is adorable!

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Beautiful tribute to your sweet angel Katie!

Pulcheria said...

What a beautiful birthday celebration.

Hess Fam said...

Tears. I'm glad you were able to be there to remember her on her birthday.

Totally Hess said...

Natalie - you are such a strong, brave and faithful woman! I wish I could be more like you - but I don't want to join the club. I'm going to miss you and your family!

Melissa said...

I have a soft spot for sweet little Katie. I think I always will since her birthday is so close to Mikaela's. Every time Mikaela reaches a milestone, I can't help but think about how Katie would probably be right there with her. What a wonderful birthday tribute to her.
Love you guys.

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Katie!