Monday, September 28, 2009

School Dazed

Here we are about 24 hours before school starts at JFK airport for a lay over before we fly to our new house. It's about 3:00 in the morning in Utah, and we must board another plane with no sleep and then send off the kids to school the next day. I don't think this is normal.
Their first day of school.
These pictures say it all. We didn't take cute pictures on their first day with their teachers or showcasing new shoes and backpacks. We are just lucky to be in the school with a camera and capture the kids with sleep still in their eyes as they start this new adventure in a new school--with no sleep. Did I mention that already? James' teacher asked him to write what he thought about coming back to school. This is what James wrote:
"I wuz tir vis moneing."
Translation: I was tired this morning.

Aren't we all?
Spencer looks half asleep as well. His adventure on his first day was getting sent home on the bus. I told the teacher I would pick him up that day, but she sent him with the bus rider kids. I was at the school to get him and no Spencer. When she said she sent him on the bus, I panicked. He had no idea where to get off the bus, let alone I didn't even know if he knew which house was ours since they all look alike here and he'd only been home 24 hours. I guess the bus driver knew when to kick him out, since he was home when we got there.
Now the boys take the bus home everyday. I must admit this is pretty awesome. I'm used to driving to their school and trying to find them on the playground in a sea of kids who all look the same because of their uniforms. I'm definitely loving this bus thing. I still take them in the morning because we are still too tired to get up in time for the bus.

2 comments:

Debra Goodey said...

You guys are troopers! I loved this post! So, are you glad to be back?

Anne said...

Good pics to place us there! Weird without the uniforms! Jealous of the bus!