Friday, February 26, 2010

Stop Hunger Now

Last night Spencer, Doug, James and I went to volunteer for an organization called Stop Hunger Now. They had organized a night to assemble food packets to send to Haiti. It was held at a Christian church in coalition with other churches in the area.
Spencer said the smell of the food was making him sick.
James loved it. While I was explaining what we would be doing over dinner last night, James held on to his root beer and said, "Don't tell me I have to give this to starving people."
Doug held a plastic bag under this funnel and the rest of us dumped in the dried food.

That's pretty gross James has his foot on the table, but somehow I don't think the people who will get this food would have cared.
We really wanted our boys to work at this since they lead such charmed little lives and have no idea that people die all over the world from starvation.

2 comments:

Trena said...

I seriously laughed out loud about what James said! Too funny!

ashcraft8 said...

What a great experience for the whole family! James cracked me up with his foot on the table.