
I need to thank cousin Valerie who emailed me yesterday asking if I could go to Capitol Hill today, and the five women who came with me to help protest the health care bill. After all, I'm always up for a good protest.
Carrie, Stacy, Heather, Rebecca, me and Traci.
The crowd of protesters filled the lawn in front of the Capitol building. We listened to speakers; my favorite was the actor John Voight and Michele Bachmann from Minnesota.
It was quite exciting, especially since this was my first protest on Capitol Hill.
Some of my favorite signs...
Michele Bachmann.
After the rally, we were encouraged to pressure those who are still undecided.
I don't know what will happen tomorrow with this bill, but I can say how impressed I am with the thousands of Americans who traveled thousands of miles to be here today ( 800 people from San Diego traveled by bus) and let their voice be heard. I was proud to be there and proud to be an American.












4 comments:
Oh, Natalie, I SOOOOO would have been there with you! Forget the celebrity stalking stuff here in SoCal--D.C. is where they need us level-minded people!
That is so cool Natalie! What an experience! I would have loved to see John Voight. We'll see what happens today...
I am so proud to know you. I wish that I could have been there to join you!
We should all be more valiant like you. Good job!
Post a Comment