Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cowabunga!

Our Croney cousins were so great to take us boating today in Cache Valley. I grew up on a boat and was amazed that my kids had never been boating before (unless you count It's a Small World).
The Croneys taught us how to surf. Step One: get in the cold water and wait for the boat to pull you up. The water surprisingly wasn't that cold.
Step Two: Find the perfect spot where you can surf in the wake of the boat.

Step Three: Let go of the rope and Cowabunga, Dude, you're surfing. Of course the Croneys can surf for an hour probably. Doug did so awesome on his first day proving you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks.

My surfing day wasn't so successful. I tried, believe me I tried. Somewhere between step two and step three I lost it. I guess the water skiier in me could not surf behind a boat. Spencer told me several times, "You did not get the hang of that."

Pushing Dad in the water.




Spencer on the tube.

James looks like he is having a blast.
Lunch time.






Thank you, Croneys!! We had so much fun!

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

What a fun day!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. You are so sweet and such an example to me and many others. XO

Kathy said...

We LOVE surfing! We have been for the past few years and I feel like I finally got the hang of it this year at Lake Powell. Yes, we are home and it is too bad we didn't get to see you! It was crazy busy---looks like you were too! Looks like fun though!!!