Sunday, May 13, 2012

Motherhood

I've been very blessed to have wonderful women in my life.  As a mother, I've had days where I think, "I really don't want to do that."  Like the time James REALLY wanted to do paper mache for a school project.  It involved a late trip to the store to buy more balloons after the first one didn't turn out.  On my way to the store that night I knew I was going to be up until about 1:00 am to get this project going for James.  I was so tired and I didn't want to go, but I knew that my mom would have done it for me so I finished the darn paper mache.  My mom really would do anything for us, and I want my kids to know the same about their mom.  

I have a wonderful Grandma, sister, aunts, cousins, nieces, in-laws and friends.  I know that Mother's Day is hard for a lot of people.  Women feel guilt, regret, lonely, sorrow for motherhood that will never come or motherhood that was lost.  I get that.  On Mother's Day, however, I do rejoice in knowing wonderful women...
 and the blessings of my family.
 Spencer made breakfast and this card.  The school must have had a surplus of pom-poms they needed to get rid of.
 James made this card and poem. 

Doug herded the kids to the basement after church to make these cards.  I like Faith's card that she's going to get me  a pillow pet.  Spencer's coupon for "Free not fight for a week" was a great idea.  I think it lasted an hour.
Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

1 comment:

ashcraft8 said...

Love it and well said.