Saturday, August 25, 2012

Questacon

 We didn't have shopping to do or other errands to run, so we took the kids out to Qestacon today.  It is a lot like the Discovery Cube that we love in California, but this place is a lot bigger. 
 You can type a question on a nearby computer and talk to this robot.  

 Everything about this science museum is hands on.  The kids loved this thing so much.  You put a scarf in the tubes and air will suck it up and blow it out somewhere overhead.  










This machine drew pictures by moving the table back and forth.





 They have a terrific little kid area with lots to do.








 I was the only one brave enough to do this free fall slide.  You have to put on a blue jump suit, climb up to the top, hang from a bar and then drop onto the slide. The boys thought it looked too scary.  I didn't know if I could hang from that bar.  Turns out I could.  
It's a great place, and I'm sure we'll be back!

1 comment:

The Reno Donnelly's said...

I'm glad to see you could hang from the bar. Great work! So does this mean you finally have internet?