Friday, October 18, 2013

Batter Up

 James wanted to experience Australian sports so we are signed up for two and a half months of cricket.
 We obviously don't know much about the rules.  Let me just say if you think going to a Little League Baseball game is boring, well, you haven't been to a Cricket game for ten-year-olds.  I think we've had more fun watching paint dry.




 So there are two batters that just keep running back and forth between those posts. I think they are called wickets.  You can't strike out in cricket so you could be there forever.  I think the pros can play cricket for up to five days for one game.  Doesn't that sound exciting?



Of course we love watching James, but throw in a potty-training toddler at a 2 1/2 hour cricket game where every single bathroom is locked and you basically have the night from hell.  I am still very excited for the cricket season, however, because it means James plays on Friday night and we have every Saturday free for a long time.  It's all worth it. 

No comments: