Sunday, May 11, 2014

Motherhood

 On this beautiful autumn day I got to celebrate Mother's Day.  (May in Australia is like November in the Northern Hemisphere.) I'm grateful everyday that I get to be a mum to these great kids.
 Some years my family kind of forgets it's Mother's Day, but this year they all outdid themselves.  I got this awesome apron from My Kitchen Rules. It's the same apron the contestants wear on the show. It is perfect and I love it.  I was pretty excited to get it.

 Of course I love the little notes from school just as much.  Faith gave me a card she made at school and wrote, " Dear Mom, I love you because you take me on holidays.  Love from Faith." That is such an Aussie thing to say :)  She gave me a cute mirror for my purse that she bought at the Mother's Day Stall at school.
 Faith was watching TV with Doug when a commercial for OMO came on the TV. Faith said I would love it and she wanted to get this for me for Mother's Day, so Doug took her to Big W and they bought the OMO (it's a stain remover thing for the laundry).  What a gift.  
 Another great gift was a night off of cooking dinner thanks to Chef Derek who came over to cook dinner with Doug. Jason came over to help and the men made dinner for all the wives.  I don't know what I'll do next year when we won't have Derek to cook for us :)
We sat down to a wonderful meal, and I must say this has been one of the best Mother's Day ever!

No comments: