Friday, March 27, 2015

Field Trip

 My days of being a chaperone for my boys on field trips are about over so any chance I can go with them, I'll take it. Today I went with Spencer on their career day field trip.  The counselors gave the kids a career survey at school and based on their answers the kids were divided into groups to visit different work sites.  I'm not sure what these kids all answered, but I went with Spencer's group to a furniture shop called Hardwood Artisans.  On the way there, the kids in the back of the bus all came running up to the front because there was smoke and burning smells coming from the back of the bus.  Turns out it was just the heater burning. 
 They took us on a tour of their wood shop and showed us the steps to making furniture.

 Our tour guide was Fez.
The kids loved the gift they got, a free cheese board.  We loved the bookcase bed this man is showing them.  The bookcases slid to the side and a bed came down out of the wall. We got the idea this was high-end furniture when they told us this bed was $12,000.  Lucky for us it was a smokeless ride home. 

No comments: