
It sounded like such a good idea---throw in a handful of fish food, fish come swarming to you and you catch one and go home. It didn't exactly work that way when we went to the Fishing Derby Saturday morning at a local park. I guess it's a sign of the recession when 2,000 kids show up for a day of something to do for free. Because of the large crowds we had to wait in a very long line to register and then move to another very long line for a fishing pole for a total of two hours in line. What do you do for two hours in line?

You can fight.

And then get bored and bust out the camera to take pictures of yourself.


Yeah! They finally get to fish. Doug had to bait their hooks with dead fish parts and marshmallows.


Catch of the day is Faith who waited patiently for the brothers.

And after all of that, we went home empty handed. That's OK, we wouldn't have known what to do with the fish if they actually caught one.
6 comments:
Faith is so cute and getting so big!!!
What a memory! I agree that Faith is darling!
I'm so glad I wasn't there struggling with the boys without Matt...but then again, maybe they would have all been happy together! I can't believe how packed that was!
Darling smiling pics of Faith!
Happy Thanksgiving to you guys. Things were calm here. We took those pictures and later ate dinner with my parents. I think one of the kids told you my dad is home and doing pretty well. Gregg went to paint their wheel chair ramp and said the therapist was there and my dad was going to sleep in the bed tonight, first time in over a week. Something to look forward to. Say hey to your mom for us.
I guess it just goes to show that things don't always have to go "successfully" or as planned, to make good family memories. And I agree, your children are all beautiful!
Hi Natalie
What is you calling? I hope it is primary..I need help!
email me
mcdogg15@gmail.com
THANK YOU!!
Post a Comment