Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Polygamy + St. Paddy's = One Great Party

The Challenge: Host the best St. Paddy's Party Ever
The Competition: Gallagher's Irish Pub
Every year we have to listen to their drums, bagpipes, fun bus and drunks. This year I had to give them a run for their money.
The guests: my book club
The book: Escape by Carolyn Jessop
Yes, we might not have the booze, but we have the women. I dressed as a polygamist for the night and Genie won the prize for the best use of green. Anyone who dressed like a polygamist or did her hair like one, won a Big Hunk candy bar with a new name, Big Love.
The gals in green never fail me on a great party night.



The food: OK, we did actually have corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and vegetables, but I loved it all!!
Stephanie made this scrumptious cake and look how cute the insides are!


I made these shamrock breads. Yum.
Now that's something you don't see everyday, a polygamist chug-a-lugging a punch bowl. I can't help it. I love limeaid. Good thing I didn't have to drive myself home. I think there is plenty of "proof" from this picture that hands down, our party was better. Yeah!! I think this is my new favorite holiday.

8 comments:

Mamasita said...

You know how to party..Long Beach has really brought out your WILD side!!!!

The Reno Donnelly's said...

Good to know green is in at your house. We do not do this day at ours. Funny since Gregg is irish, since I'm not no party and green is optional.

Kathy said...

Natalie, I wish I lived near you. Your parties are the best. I definitely would have dressed up and given you a run for your money. :)

Anonymous said...

that's funny! you look nice as a punch bowl drinkin' polygamist! lol!

Hess Fam said...

oh boy. this is why i can't handle you moving. you are out of control and i LOVE it!

Debra Goodey said...

You should move to Utah so we can get in on the fun. You are just so much fun. We miss you guys.

Desiree said...

Natalie, you rock! When is Doug going to transer out here so we can party?

The Browns said...

You are so funny. Looks and sounds like that party was a blast. Good times...
Kristen