
All the times I've been to Disneyland, I think I enjoy people watching almost as much as the rides. When someone had to sit out with kids on a ride, or someone needed to save a place for the parade, I didn't mind doing it so I could sit and watch people and read their T-shirts. One of my favorite T-shirts was a GAP Tshirt. We've all seen them, but this one had tiny print underneath the logo that said, "God Answers Prayers." I've had plenty of times in my life to know that this is true, but why is it that when life is comfortable and we are doing so well, we sometimes forget something so simple as GAP?

Look at this house!! This picture doesn't even come close to portraying what I saw when I walked into our home on the morning of Labor Day. From floor to ceiling, wall to wall, boxes everywhere!!! Moving is like having a baby. You totally forget the pain until you have to do it all over again. This move has been the most stressful for us in so many ways. It's quite depressing and a lot of work. It has taken everything to get our house so that you could even see a small part of our living room. Feeling so overwhelmed of the task ahead of me, I fell to my knees for a little partnering with the divine. (I think I just wanted the nine days straight of Faith's diarrhea to end.) I have to get rid of stuff and fast because we don't have room and I can't stand looking at it. One item we needed to get rid of was a full size bed that Cortney used when she was living with us in Long Beach. It's a great bed, but too big for our house now. We tried to sell it at a yard sale, but no luck. On one Tuesday morning, I decided to put it on Craig's list. Before I hit the "publish" button, I said a prayer that someone would buy this bed very quickly so I can go forward with getting my house in order. By that afternoon, someone had called on it and it was gone and out of my house the next morning. GAP.

Heavenly Father has also answered the prayers I don't have time to put to words. We landed in Virginia at 8:00 am after being on a plane all night with no sleep. The boys started school the next day. After the first day of school, I took the boys to get all their school supplies. I stopped at Costco for everything else we needed. On our way home, this bottle of Joy dish soap, fell over and spilled all over the school supplies and the back of my van. As I pulled up to our house, my visiting teachers were there waiting with dinner and they cleaned out all the soap from my van and school supplies. GAP.

My series of unfortunate events doesn't end there. I was driving on a little country road (OK maybe not that little, but nothing like LA) and I was staying to the right of the road after an oversize truck had passed me from the opposite direction. I went off the road a little where there was no shoulder and the back rear tire went totally flat and damaged the rim. Of course my AAA card is at home, but I was with my friend who called her husband. He came to our rescue and changed my tire and found a cheaper rim for me to buy. As he was changing my tire I noticed something on his shirt. That's right---he had on a GAP shirt.
8 comments:
You weren't kidding when you said you couldn't see your living room. How goes the approval for a shed?
Perfect morning to read this. Thanks!
You deserve every bit of it Natalie--you've been the answer to so many prayers yourself.
Awesome post! I had to read it twice! I have been following your blog for a short time now since we met back up on Facebook! I have been in "Field Family withdrawl" waiting for you to get moved and blog again, but I keep checking back! Take care!
Sarah
If I know nothing else-I know that God is watching over you. No matter what may come, he will be there to take care of you in your time of need. Thanks for the great blog- excellent testimony builder! :)
I wish I could come and help you. :)
I will never look at the "Gap" the same way again!!!
guess things do happen in three's?? good luck I would have helped you unpack I am still off work and bored. Glad you made it safely
Nat, you are such a good person and example! Love you!
Post a Comment