Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in the 'Burbs

We've found there is good and bad in almost any big change you make. The good thing about moving to suburbia is we finally get to put up our big blow-up decoration on Halloween without fear that it would be stolen. Spencer broke out the Jango Fett costume for the third year in a row. James was an awesome Captain Jack Sparrow. Faith is still the little cheerleader. We should have had a collection plate in front of this pumpkin; I think the whole town came to have their picture in front of it.
We are off to be in the Halloween Parade.


It begins with a fire truck.
This parade is HUGE. We just jumped in to join it.

Notice anything weird about Spencer's belt? It looks like he'll be wearing it again next year.
I took the kids around to go trick-or-treating since Doug had to man the Halloween fort. He loves to decorate, and this year he pulled out all the tricks: fog machine, strobe light, Halloween lights, spiders, snakes, rats, you name it. As some teenagers said about our house, "This place is totally pimped out."
I'd like to thank this house who posted the Lord's prayer on their door. A little weird don't you think? Long Beach never felt closer tonight.
Notice the stairs? So did the boys. They weren't willing to work that hard for their candy going up and down so many stairs in our neighborhood. We weren't out that long before they were done. I was missing Second Street. I called it drive-thru trick-or-treating as I pushed them down the sidewalk in the stroller to businesses.

Faith held down the fort with Doug.
Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

Hess Fam said...

This makes me miss you. a lot!

Kathy said...

Natalie-You are the cutest witch I've ever seen. Love the costume!

Jackie said...

This is hilarious. We drove to LB since Irvine is so freakin' boring on Halloween. There was a drive-by shooting by Wilson High (of course, right where we were), but it didn't stop us from having the funnest Halloween to date.

The Browns said...

How much fun. We only had about 6 trick-or-treaters. Sydney isn't quite ready for the candy yet. I love all your costumes!
Kristen