Monday, November 30, 2009

Not Your Typical Mall

Most shoppers use Black Friday to go to the mall. Our Black Friday was spent at the National Mall for a visit to the Smithsonian Museums. Here's James, Faith, Danny, Charlotte and Spencer with the Capitol in the background.
If the Night at the Museum movies had never been made, would my boys care about the Smithsonian? Probably not. They have been asking to come here since we moved in a few months ago. Spencer wanted to go in the castle. Too bad there's nothing to see in it.
Grace, James and David at the Air and Space Museum.
The floating ball is the biggest hit of the whole place.



Faith, Grace, David, James and Spencer.

We were off to the Natural History Museum.
The boys are into mummies and skeletons. Here is a turtle skeleton.

Aah, the mummies, we finally found them.
I love Spencer's face looking up.
Last stop: The American History Museum.
Faith's first time out of the stroller all day. Yes, I took her picture in the bathroom.
Danny and Charlotte all tuckered out.

The kids loved the play area in the bottom of the museum.

The closest we've come to Disneyland in five months.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Ok, we're getting excited to come! Don't wear the kids out before we get there!

wendybird said...

I enjoy reading your blog from time to time. You give me the urge to be more adventurous...more spontaneous....more laid back. You are an awesome mom!
And little Faith, she reminds me of my Libby. They are near the same age. I love all her cute sweaters.

Debra Goodey said...

I miss having D.C. so close. Looks like you guys had fun!