
We have had flat Stanley before, but never such a large flat Stanley. Have you ever seen anything like this? Our nephew Cole made this Stanley and sent it to us right as we moved into our new house. We finally found him again and decided it was time to send Stanley on an adventure since the kids didn't have to go to school yesterday.
I took the Brown kids with us since it is much more adventurous to take six kids by myself on the subway (seven if you count Stanley, which I think you should considering his size and all).
When we got to DC, our first stop was the Bureau of Engraving and Printing so we could see how they print our money.

That big column on the left is filled with shredded money. The boys really loved being close to all that money.
Stanley, Spencer and James with the Lincoln Memorial in the background.


We tried to go to the top of the Washington Monument, but the elevator was broken.

We had to take Stanley to the Smithsonian since he was free.
The kids love the science experiment room in the American History Museum.
My favorite picture.
windsurfing
I had to stop into Julia's kitchen.
After a fun day, we got back on the subway to go home. Goodbye, Stanley!












4 comments:
Dude, all I can say is, "You rock". I wish I was as brave as you are girl.
You are definitely the woman Natalie! Don't wear the kids out on all the fun stuff before we get there though!!!
Fun. I can't believe you took all those kids by yourself. They must know who's boss! :]
Three friends from Mesa sent Matthew their Flat Stanley this week. We did not have anywhere nearly as fun as you to take our Flat Stanley. I just hate Albuquerque! :)
Post a Comment