I got snow.
This was not just any snow. This snow kept my kids out of school all day. Lucky me--just what I wanted. This snow also turned Doug's commute into over seven hours instead of one. He didn't get home until after 12:30 am. So that snow kept me home with my kids all day and all night. I tried to take the kids to dinner since I don't cook on my birthday, but after I got us all bundled up and in the car, my neighbor got stuck. I figured I'd have to do a whole lot of shoveling to get us out, and I don't do that on my birthday either so we went back inside.
On the brighter side, I do have awesome visiting teachers and friends who took me to lunch before the snow came down. My dad gave me this awesome dessert for my cake. My mom's package arrived, and I got cards and calls from friends and family.

And my dear friend Valerie braved the snow to bring home this cake to me from Wegman's.
I guess we can celebrate another day.












4 comments:
Oh boy. As I sit and plan what to do for Collin's birthday...and read this...I'm thinking...{insert selfish mom}"wouldn't it be nice if someone put as much effort into making our birthday's as special as we try to make it for our 4 year olds?"
But really...don't we deserve a super awesome party?
Oh wait...you did give your husband a super awesome party. Doug...you better step it up this weekend!!!
Happy Birthday my friend. Hope tomorrow is a little better!
Natalie,
Hi. I was technology-less until today, so here's a Belated Happy Birthday! I'm sorry your b-day wasn't what you planned, but still know you were thought of by a friend in Washington!
Kristen
Do mom's always imagine that their birthday will turn out better than it actually does? Happy Day, we miss you.
Happy Birthday my friend! I'm sorry about the darn snow ruining your plans. Hopefully you can continue with the celebrations all weekend! (At my house I try to drag my birthday out as long as possible telling everyone it is a week-long event)!
Post a Comment