It all started the day I found balloons in the boys' pockets while doing laundry. I cried and cried because I knew exactly where they got those balloons. It was at Dollar Cuts. I had to chase James down that day outside the store (he has a tendency to run away when he's mad) and threaten him that I wouldn't take him to Disneyland the next day if he didn't get in there and get his haircut. We never made it to Disneyland that day. It was the day Katie died. When I saw the balloons I knew that the last time the boys wore those clothes Katie was alive, and I cried and cried in the laundry room. Months and years later I've cried a lot over clothes. I remember crying because as I was folding laundry

I didn't have any pink laundry to do.
Now I cry because I do have pink laundry to do.
You've heard me before, but I will never stop expressing my gratitude and love to a Heavenly Father who blessed me with two more reasons to do pink laundry.












6 comments:
Hugs!! Itsn't it amazing how Heavenly Father knows us and blesses us when we need it!
You have such a beautiful family! (and just so you know your post made me cry)
I am also grateful for the many ways the Lord blesses us especially through our trials. We wish you and your family continued comfort and blessings from the Lord.
Thank you for your post, Natalie. I barely knew you when you and your family were going through all of that. Since I wasn't a mother at the time, I couldn't even begin to comprehend what you were going through. Now that I am, I honestly don't know how you survived. You are an example to me AND I am so glad that you have oodles and oodles of pink laundary to fold these days!
love this. love you.
Yay for pink laundry. I need to more grateful for my pink laundry to do. Thanks for this. :)
Thanks Natalie. Jen Ferre
Post a Comment