Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tender Mercies

I really expected to use this.
The day before and the day of our flight back home, my entire family came down with a terrible stomach flu that wiped everyone out. The night before our flight, I told the boys we were just going to pray that we didn't get it. Spencer said, "Now?" and I said sure. I said several prayers that I wouldn't have to take my four kids across the country alone on two different flights with puke and diarrhea involved. This flu wiped out everyone who was with us, and yet in my little family of five, not one of us got sick that day we had to fly home. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe in tender mercies and miracles on airplanes.

3 comments:

Julie w said...

Luckeeey! (said in a Napoleon voice) I got it as well! Not fun! Although, I did get a blessing and about 3 minutes after that, threw up and felt 10 million times better. So, I feel blessed too. :) Thankful for prayers!

Kathy said...

Thank goodness for Tender Mercies! Love you guys!

Anne said...

Glad you made it! We made it home and Isaac threw up that night. Phew!