Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Newest Deacon

 Doug conferred the Aaronic Pristhood on Spencer today and ordained him a Deacon.  It was a wonderful day for our family!  Bishop Vellar and our good friend Clayton Perry helped with the ordination.  It was a wonderful blessing.  Doug told Spencer that he had seen the miracles of healing in his life because our Heavenly Father had a great work for Spencer to do.  He blessed Spencer that he would come to know the great power of the priesthood and made sure he knew how much his family loved him and his Heavenly Father loved him. 
 These are the boys in Young Mens with Spencer.
Zack Fisher, Blake Perry, Spencer, Caleb Fisher and Tyler.

 Spencer had a birthday dinner after church where he got to open some presents.  He also got an iPad, but we are at the mercy of the US Postal services and it didn't get here in time. (His school is requiring the boys to have their own iPads.) 
 Spencer wanted a cake with blue and red frosting and nothing fancy about it, so here is his very plain blue and red cake.

Happy Birthday, Spencer!  We love this boy so much, and I can't believe he is a Deacon already.  What great things are in store for him.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Spencer. You are indeed blessed with a wonderful mom and dad and the gospel in your life. Always remember who you are and why you are here and always honor your priesthood. You're a wonderful young man and we love you lots. E/S Read
(Ben and Margaret)

Marilynn said...

Spencer, I'm sure you're happy to be out of Primary and in Young Mens - twelve years have gone by so fast since I sat in the waiting room at the U of U anticipating your birth. I loved you from the very first sight and love you even more today. I miss you all terribly!!