A week ago Faith put two beads from one of her necklaces in her ears (one in each ear). They were too deep into her ear for us to get them out despite Doug's great ideas involving a vacuum cleaner. After three doctor appointments with two different doctors and a lot of water, poking and prodding, the ENT doctor decided we should just sedate her to get them out. The boys told Faith she was going to get her ears cut off to get them out. Spencer asked if this procedure would make her quieter. It didn't. I got to spend 5 1/2 hours with Faith at the hospital today so they could get the beads out of her hears. Most of that time was waiting in the waiting room. I had to wear the surgical garb so I could go into the operating theatre with her (they don't call it the operating room, it's the operating theatre).
Walking into the theatre. Faith didn't have to change into a hospital gown, and she wore her sneakers the whole time.
Two icy poles, two cups of ice cream and one bowl of jello later, they released Faith back into the world. I hope she's learned her lesson :)













1 comment:
i can't believe that it turned into surgery! ugh!
Post a Comment