Friday, March 8, 2013

Swimming Carnival

 I kind of really like the Aussie way of education.  They believe in more than math, English and science.  They believe that every part of education should be treated with equality, including extra curricular.  Today I got to be a time keeper at the Australian Institute of Sport for James' swimming carnival.  You would never see this at school in the States.  
 It was a big swim meet where houses competed against houses.  
 The houses came out in force with lots of signs, hats, and anything they could wear in their house colors.  Even their swimming caps had to match their house colors.
 James is in Radford house.


 James swam in the freestyle race.  
 It's easy to spot James in this speedo lovin' country.

 Maybe there is something to those speedos since James is the only one in his race not wearing one and he came in last.  It's OK, James, you can't win 'em all, and if you have to wear speedos to do it, some races are best finished in last place.
I love seeing more of what the boys do at school!

No comments: