Saturday, August 10, 2013

Just another Crazy Saturday

Some Saturdays are crazy around here.  After cheering for our favorite rugby team this morning, we headed to a free family day at CISRO Discovery Museum.
 The museum hosted an event called "Experiment-athon" and had lots of reptiles to touch.
 Games to play


 The boys are playing "Pick the Poo."  They had to guess which animal droppings went to which animal.  (FYI it is always poo around here, never poop.)


 This was pretty awesome; the kids got to pound rocks with chisels trying to find the fossils in them.





 The heart couch.

 Making paper airplanes or aeroplanes as they spell it here.

 Painting plaster fossils


 More crafts. Faith loves her butterfly made out of wood and pipe cleaners

 I'd call these snowflakes, but they have another crafty name I forgot.  The kids (and Doug) loved making them.








 We had to race home to get Faith to a birthday party then I had to take dinner to a dear friend who lost her baby at 26 weeks today.  I was talking to her mom and her mom told me how grateful she was that I was placed in her daughter's path.  They felt I was the only one who knew what she was going through, and they were grateful I was there.   So many times I have felt that maybe I have experienced what I have experienced to help others know they are stronger than they think.  We had dinner at some friends and then off to stake conference. I have to speak in stake conference tomorrow :(  Very nervous.  We really raced from one thing to the next today.  Crazy day, but I really don't mind it.


1 comment:

Adam and Elissa said...

I saw you comment on Bindi's Blog and followed the link. hope you don't mind. I recognised you as the lady that gave the amazing talk on Sunday morning. I really enjoyed your talk and when we discussed conference at FHE (we always do a summary) the rest of the family felt the same. I learnt so much from you - Thank you for being so honest, open and insightful.I had wanted to find you afterwards to tell you but it was too hard to find you. Thank you.