Monday, October 28, 2013

Potty Talk

In our house you have to be three-years-old before I will even consider potty training.  We told Hope that when she turned three she could wear underwear. The day after her birthday, I brought out the potty training doll, the little potty and the underwear.  Faith picked up potty training in an hour.  I was so excited to prove that girls really are so much easier to potty train than boys. It's been two years since I read the book that worked so great with Faith. I either missed a few steps the book recommends, or Hope just isn't Faith.   After the first day with no success I did what all good moms do.  I bribed her.  She picked out a Barbie dress and she could only wear it after a day of no accidents.  It took about a week to earn the dress (which is not the most conducive attire for potty training).  She is really doing super well now and rarely has accidents.  This is a major turning point in my life.  No more diapers.  I don't feel the least bit sad. I've told Doug that this is the very last time I will ever potty train anything-- a person an animal, you name it, I'm finished!
This is the Barbie dress Hope earned going on the potty.  
Good job, Hope!

2 comments:

The Fantastic Five said...

Glad to hear she is doing so well! Great Day!

Salmon's said...

Yay for Hope. I am the same way, I don't even try until they are 3. Andee just got potty trained a bit ago and I am loving only having 1 in diapers.