James and Doug traveled to Sydney tonight for one of the biggest games in all of Australia--the State of Origin game. There is a big rivalry between Queensland and New South Wales and each year they play three rugby games to determine the winner. New South Wales hasn't won in like eight years or something. James wanted to cheer for New South Wales, but Daniel Loney in our ward gets the tickets for them and he is from Queensland so they have to cheer for Queensland at the game. The mascot for Queensland Maroons is a cane toad. Think that's weird, the mascot for the NSW Blues is a cock roach. I was pretty shocked when I saw this photo of Doug and James; I have never seen cheerleaders in Australia.
Doug, James, Daniel and his friend. Daniel is a Maroon through and through.
NSW won. It was the second game so NSW won the entire State of Origin series. It's kind of funny that even though NSW won two out of three, they will still play the third game knowing who has already won. Weird.
ANZed Stadium at the Sydney Olympic Park.














No comments:
Post a Comment