Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Who Knew?

 Tonight the girls were outside doing sidewalk chalk while I was making dinner.  Next thing I knew Faith was screaming and there was blood all over our porch.  Who knew sidewalk chalk could be so bloody?  The story I got out of the girls was they found a big rock and it somehow ended up fracturing Faith's thumb and sending blood everywhere.  Faith had to wait until 7:00 until I could take her to Urgent Care.  They x-rayed it and found she had fractured her thumb.  They didn't want to touch it.  They sent us to the hospital tonight so a plastic surgeon who specializes in hands could sew her up.  That hospital was 30 minutes away so it made for a big adventure and a very late night for us.  We didn't get home until after midnight.
 She was so brave and only cried a little when they gave her the shot to numb her thumb.  She lost her thumb nail, but they sewed it back on to act as a splint for her fractured thumb bones.
 Happy girl with her slushy!
And this is what happens if you do sidewalk chalk with a huge rock.  Who knew?

1 comment:

BindiM said...

That is horrible for her. I wonder if you will ever find out what really happened?! Hope she recovers quickly and isn't in too much pain.