Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Visit from Cortney

 We were sad to leave Utah, but we were so excited that Cortney, Jeff and Grey were on our same flight, and they got to come to our house for a few days.  I'm sorry to say this is the only picture we took together :(  Sunday night I took Cortney, Jeff and Grey on the Monuments tour.  Doug and the kids stayed home because it involved too much walking ;).
 This was the first time I had seen the Martin Luther King, Jr. Monument.
 Hope lookin' good.
 Cortney did her research and the reviews came in that Baked and Wired was better than DC Cupcakes so we had to go check it out. 
 Yes, we agree with the reviews.  Baked and Wired is now our favorite cupcake place.  They had a wall full of notes on dinner napkins.

 I found the perfect place to take pictures along the canal in Georgetown.


 Iwo Jima Memorial.
 We also took Jeff, Courtney and Grey to Arlington Cemetery.  The girls loved pushing Grey in the stroller.  We were so sad when they left us.

Spencer got a special treat this summer and got to stay in Utah alone for an extra two weeks.  This is the only photo I have of his time there.  He got to use some power tool at Tyler's Young Men activity :).

No comments: