Thursday, June 26, 2008

Solvang and Santa Barbara

I've always wanted to go to Solvang, a quaint little Danish town with shopping, cute buildings and yummy food. When we drove up last Saturday we really should have checked the weather first. It was a balmy 114 degrees! We spent more time in the ice cream shop than anywhere else.
Thank heavens the stores were air conditioned! If we weren't in a shop, we were in the shade.
What's a trip to Solvang without buying aveiberscheevers? I'm sure I've spelled that wrong. They are yummy little pancake balls.
After the heat of Solvang, we only had one thing on our minds---the Beach!

We drove to Santa Barbara and went to two different beaches. The first one was right by UC Santa Barbara, but kind of mucky. We got pelted with rocks when the waves came in.
These Beach Boys didn't seem to mind the quality of water. They only wanted some good old sand.
After dinner in Santa Barbara, we found a beautiful beach off Santa Claus Lane.

This beach could have been comparable to Hawaii. OK, so the water wasn't sparkling blue or warm, but it wasn't Long Beach that's for sure.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

I've got a recipe for you! Brock's family is Danish--you'll be able to make ebleskivers and oblerkivers :)

Rush said...

I'm a stalker now! Well, I told Byron all the things you've been doing, and he let me know that I need to comment that--not that I'm trying to outdo you today, but--I (1) took Bryce to & from school, (2) took Bryce to karate, and (3) played red light/green light. I think that was a total of less than 2 hours out of my house today. :)