
No, literally, I hit a wall.
We left to go to the Salt Lake Airport at 5:30 am to catch our flight that left at 7:45 am last Saturday. Snow was in the forecast, but as we were leaving for the airport, no snow. I just drove like business as usual until we got to an over pass to get on I15.
My mom, "You're sliding!"
Spencer, "Maaaaaaaammmmmaaaaaa!!"
And I'm thinking, "What the heck do you do when you're sliding down a freeway ramp with no control?" (Driver's Ed was not my strongest subject).
We ended up spinning and turned around, hit the wall next to the freeway going backwards and scraping the driver's side of Doug's parent's car. Sorry. When the car came to stop I just started it back up again and we plugged along to the airport.
So that's the bad news. The good news is we made it on time for our flight, AAA came to get the car, and my mom didn't have to drive back home in the treacherous conditions of I15 because the tow truck driver gave her a lift. No one was hurt, and I guess if you have to wreck a car, we did it in the best way possible since Doug's parents just got a new car. I realize I'm blessed.
We left to go to the Salt Lake Airport at 5:30 am to catch our flight that left at 7:45 am last Saturday. Snow was in the forecast, but as we were leaving for the airport, no snow. I just drove like business as usual until we got to an over pass to get on I15.
My mom, "You're sliding!"
Spencer, "Maaaaaaaammmmmaaaaaa!!"
And I'm thinking, "What the heck do you do when you're sliding down a freeway ramp with no control?" (Driver's Ed was not my strongest subject).
We ended up spinning and turned around, hit the wall next to the freeway going backwards and scraping the driver's side of Doug's parent's car. Sorry. When the car came to stop I just started it back up again and we plugged along to the airport.
So that's the bad news. The good news is we made it on time for our flight, AAA came to get the car, and my mom didn't have to drive back home in the treacherous conditions of I15 because the tow truck driver gave her a lift. No one was hurt, and I guess if you have to wreck a car, we did it in the best way possible since Doug's parents just got a new car. I realize I'm blessed.












11 comments:
That's my biggest fear about driving in Utah in the winter!
Not your best subject huh? but did you have a plan? (famous Natalie quote while speeding down the freeway in the wrong lane to take her exit).
I was in your drivers ed car Natalie...I have some stories that I will not share. ;)
Wow. Sooo glad you are all ok!
Sorry 'bout the car, but hallelujah for a new computer! Loved all the fun pics of Idaho and Utah. You guys have so much fun.
Sooooo Scary!! You won't ever find me driving in the snow. Glad you're all ok.
Traveling is hard enough, I am glad you guys are okay.
Glad you are ok. I love how you are so mellow. Are the rumors true...are you coming to ca?
What a fun blog! Spencer and James are HUGE! I mean -- I only knew them as little guys! You have a beautiful family.
Love it! You have such a good attitude!
Your mom told me about this...so scary! I am glad everyone is ok. I hate driving in the snow! I hate the cold too, it is not just because of California, or maybe living in Hawaii scarred us for life too. The kids keep asking me when spring is coming. Dan and Charlotte are the only ones who like the cold weather. We have got to move somewhere warm next. Come visit when you can. The kids love their cousins sooo much!
Post a Comment