Disclaimer: Try as I might to get great photos, there is only so much I can do with the subject matter I'm photographing.
Today we took the kids to the Australian War Memorial. It has been consistently voted the best tourist attraction in all of Australia. The inside courtyard is a beautiful memorial to those who have fought and died for their country.
The inside of the dome.
The dome is over this tomb of an unknown soldier.
You can buy a poppy to place along this wall with the names of people who have lost their lives.
See what I mean about my subject matter?
Inside of the building is a huge museum about Australia at war.
There is a great kid area where the kids can walk through a submarine (or try out the bathroom, but it's not the bathroom here, it's just "toilet.")
These trenches are for WWI.
The helicopter is for Vietnam.
The war nurses.
We like this Desert Toilet Paper printed with "Wipe out Saddam."
This is kind of like the national mall in DC. From the War Memorial you can see their Parliament, and along that street are individual monuments to each war.

















No comments:
Post a Comment