I took the kids to the CSIRO Discovery Family Night tonight. We had no idea what we were going to, but the word FREE really motivated us to go. CSIRO is a scientific research organization in Australia that sponsors this science museum. First thing we did was make slime.
They had model trains set up you could drive, or derail as in Hope's case.
The girls were in craft heaven.
This robot is from Dr. Who (or so Spencer tells me). It moved around talking. Hope tried to climb on it for a ride.
This games master guy had great activities for the kids.
They shook up dry ice in a rubber glove until it got so big it popped.
Faith has had her face painted more in the last few months than she has in her entire life.
Hope likes her arm painted.
More experiments with dry ice.
This slinky James is holding is actually a first place prize. I won a bag of gifts from the gift shop when I came in first in the Santa dress-up competition. Parents had to put on a Santa suit and run up and down some stairs, then take the Santa suit off. Three other parents competed in the competition and their times were around 1:12. My time? 33 seconds. Yes, I'm pretty proud I won the Santa dress-up competition. I can add it to my resume.
The kids LOVED this dude. He had a show on Santa's magic dealing with science and he pretty much just blew up a lot of stuff. Awesome.
They decorated huge cupcakes with lots of candy. Again, all free.
Faith couldn't leave without painting.
Wow, what an awesome night. All for free. Between the slime, the cupcakes, and the painting and crafts, I sure hope they give their clean-up crew a pay raise after tonight.
















1 comment:
Where are the pictures of you running around in the Santa suit? That's what we want to see, way to go super mom.
Post a Comment