Saturday, May 11, 2013

Amazing Race Sydney

 I convinced these ladies to come to Sydney with me for the day to run the Amazing Race.  I called us the Babes of Paradise: me, Hermarnee, Monique, Kristen and Ashley
 This race was very different from the other Amazing Races I'd done in DC.  This race only had ten teams.  Before we could start racing we had to make a square and a triangle out of these shapes.  We were afraid we'd be here forever, but we finally figured it out.
 Our first destination was Cahill's lookout near the Opera House and Harbor Bridge.  We had to figure out a Sudoku puzzle and use numbers to unlock the lock to get our clue.
 We walked up Macquarie Street to the State Library where race officials had a challenge for us.

 Hermarnee ate a TimTam with vegemite spread on it.
 Monique had to eat a Wheetbix cracker with no water.
 And Kristen had to blow up a balloon until it popped to get our clue.
 We found a clue at this statue of Albert the Good.
 There was an optional challenge that would take off 20 minutes from our time at the finish line if we did it.  We were supposed to buy a wig and dance Tina Turner's nut bush on the steps of Sydney's Town Hall.  

 I love that Hermarnee asked if we could borrow the wig off a mannequin at a fancy schmancy store, and they agreed to let us borrow it.
 This is the world's largest hanging clock in the Queen Victoria Building, an awesome mall.  We've heard that lots of things in Australia are the "world's largest" only to find out they're not, so I don't know if I believe this clock is the world's largest hanging clock.
 Our last challenge was to convince someone wearing red to pose for a picture for us with a pork intestine in their mouth.  Here we are in a food court in China Town to get it done.
The finish line was a hotel and pub in the Rocks (a neighborhood in Sydney). Out of the ten teams racing today, you can see we came in fifth, proving that a bunch of middle-aged mums can be pretty awesome.

1 comment:

John and Kathy said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Good job!