Sunday, May 26, 2013

Grandma Grace

You hear on the news all the time of rich and famous people dying.  Most of the world will never meet my grandma, but her influence on those who loved her is far greater than the influence of some known throughout the world.  My grandma died today, and it has left such a sore in my soul.  I loved everything about my grandma.  I loved it when she held my babies for the first time.  In this picture she is holding James.
 I loved her love of traveling.  I remember when she and Grandpa were always cruising somewhere.  I loved that she came to see me in Long Beach for her birthday in 2008 and we went to see Wicked with my mom and Aunt Margaret.
 And of course Disneyland.
Hope's blessing and Hope at Christmas


This is the last time I saw Grandma.  A few weeks after this picture was taken, we moved to Australia.  I didn't know then that it would be the last time I was with her.  
My grandma was the kind of grandma every child should have and the kind of grandma every child wished they had.  I can't imagine a world without my grandma or without Sundays at Grandma's house.  As deep as our loss, how great is my joy for my Katie who gets to have her grandma.  Until we meet again, Grandma.  I love you so much!!!

No comments: