Saturday, September 21, 2013

Windows to the World

 The embassies in Canberra are opening their doors this month in a program called Windows to the World.  Today while the boys were earning a rifle shooting merit badge I took the girls to the New Zealand High Commission's Open Day.



 We came to see our friends the Leefes dance.
 Who doesn't love the Haka?

 They had lots of fun things for the kids to do.
 The Lolly scramble: someone throws candy at kids. 

Hope and her friend Noelani eating the free ice cream.
It was such a great day to see the Leefes dance and be with friends.  We love everything about New Zealand!

1 comment:

The Ferre Family said...

Hey Natalie! I've been catching up on your doings, and thought I'd send a quick hello! It sounds like life is lovely down under! My dad spent three years in New Zealand while my grandpa worked at the Church college in Christchurch when he was a little boy, so New Zealand holds a special place in my heart as well. And even my little Benjamin can really get into the Haka :) Have a good one! jen