Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm Gonna Miss This #7

We call it our beach since it's just two blocks away. It's not the best for swimming, but it's great entertainment for little kids who love sand and water. The kids love it when they are grooming the sand and make huge piles to play in. Here are the boys with their cousins three years ago playing in a great pile of sand.
Here are the boys after our bike ride Sunday afternoon.
I have walked the beach path and hiked these stairs in the mornings. Here is a dedication to my walking women Megan, Tera, Cynthia, and Dani. I'm gonna miss you more than the stairs.








I just can't believe we have been so lucky to live this close to the ocean.
Growing up along the Wasatch Front, I love mountains, but I have come to love the ocean. It's smell (the good and the bad--this is Long Beach after all), the waves, the sand. I feel that I'm leaving behind an old friend. I'm gonna miss our beach and the ocean.

2 comments:

ashcraft8 said...

These are all great pictures!!!!

Mark said...

I am going to miss you being such great hosts near one of the greatest stadiums on earth, and near one of the happiest places on earth (the bar around the corner from your house). I love the shirts that Spencer and James are wearing!!!