Monday, September 17, 2012

Home Away From Home


I think it is necessary to document our home away from home, our taste of Americana, our favorite weekly errand----Costco.  We flew in on a Thursday and we were here by Saturday. 

 The menu is very similar to Costco back home, with one addition of the Aussie Meat Pie.  Around here, pie is extremely popular.  Pie in Australia is not the sweet dessert we serve at Thanksgiving.  Pie in Australia is always talking about meat pie.  Spencer has tried the Costco meat pie and said it was pretty good.

Obviously we drink a lot of smoothies, but I had to take a picture of these drinks as well. I had never seen such a large Vodka bottle in my whole life.  Pretty impressive. 
We can get many items that we love, but this Costco carries mostly local products and not as many American products.  Everything here is about double the price of what you'd pay back home.  I just shop with my eyes closed now since I can't believe I'm paying this much.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Home Sweet Home! Costco is our 2nd temple. (Please don't let me get struck by lightning.) That's not fun that everything is twice as much, but you can't put a price on the experience!