It seems that shopping malls are dying in the States, but they are still going strong in Australia. Everything is in the mall around here: Target, Kmart, grocery stores, etc. Target in Australia is not the same as Target back home. Target in Australia is more like a department store in the mall with clothes, toys, books, and housewares. I'll just tell you if you are looking for contact solution or poster board for a school project, don't go to Target.
Because so many people have shopping carts in the mall (except they are not carts, they are trolleys), the escalators don't have stairs. They are moving ramps that go up and down.
Just like the malls in the States, there are playgrounds for the little kids.
And not so little kids.
I have no idea who that other girl is.
Some things are just plain better at the mall here. Take the mother's room for instance. These rooms are AWESOME! They have changing stations for diapers (they aren't diapers, though, they're nappies).
They have sinks and microwaves, nursing rooms with comfy chairs...
play centers for older siblings and a restroom for the moms and toddlers all in this one parent center. Makes me want to have another baby so we can hang out in these rooms more. Then again, I guess we're here enough.
Here's something else that is better in Australia's malls than back in the States. See those red lights above each car? The lights turn green if the spot is open. You don't have to drive down each aisle forever looking for a parking spot. You just have to look up and check to see if there is a green light. Love this.















3 comments:
Don't tell us Hope has the same clothing stylist as Faith.
I see it's not the exit but the way out.Lights are a cool feature, not that we go to the mall much. Thanks for all telling us about all things Australian, we need some culture.
Oh, I want to come shopping with your girls! I love the light system! Your girls are little fashionistas!
Post a Comment