Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Whole New World

 Ever since my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Ben got their mission call to Malaysia, I had thought about going to see them.  Well, I did it.  I flew to Kuala Lumpur from Sydney on Saturday, Nov. 10th.  When I said goodbye to the kids, Faith said, "Have fun in Andalaysia,"  as in Giselle's hometown from the movie, Enchanted.    There are no such things as jetways in Malaysia; you just hop on down the stairs to leave the plane and wander around outside until you go in.

 I knew right away I was in a whole new world since I was the only white person around.  I thought this sign was funny.  They must have a problem with people spitting into the drinking fountain, or maybe spitting on you after they get a drink?
My plane was three hours late getting in on Saturday night, but I did get to go to church with Ben and Margaret on Sunday.  They have a nice little church in Kota Kinabalu where they live.

No comments: