Monday, November 12, 2012

So Blessed

 While in Sandakan, we stayed at the Hotel Sabah for three days. 
 The pool was awesome, although we didn't go swimming.

 Here we were in this beautiful hotel and down the street people live like this...
 I thought I'd seen poverty, but I have never seen anything like this before.  These houses are built on stilts on the water, and the water is so dirty and full of garbage.  The houses just go on and on out into the water.

It looks like solid ground, but here again, this is water that is so disgusting and dirty.  I wish my kids could have been with me to see this so they could get an idea of how truly blessed they are.  It is one thing to see this picture, but quite another to walk through this little village on the water and experience how people live.  We watched a little girl jump rope, and Margaret even jumped rope with her.  As I looked at these children, I couldn't quit asking, "why, why, why?"  Why are some of Heavenly Father's children born into a world like this, and I have so much?

No comments: