In about four weeks we will need to oversee all of our stuff moved across the world, sell two cars, clean our entire house, take a 17 hour flight with four kids, and that's the easy part. The hardest part is knowing that in about four weeks Australia will just be a memory. I am really struggling to leave, and there have been tears. We could live here forever if we didn't have our family living on the other side of the world. When I left Long Beach I did a series of posts entitled "I'm Gonna Miss This" after the country song, "I'm Gonna Miss this. I'm gonna want this back; I'm gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast." I need to do the same thing for Australia so in no particular order, I'm posting what we are going to miss.
The first day we woke up in our new house in Canberra, we looked out the window to see these cockatoos. They were our little welcoming committee. It was our first reminder that we were definitely not home since we had never seen cockatoos in the wild like this. They are everywhere in Australia, and will always be a reminder to us of our days here. They can be loud and annoying, but we have to admit, we're gonna miss cockatoos.












No comments:
Post a Comment