Thursday, July 17, 2014

I'm Gonna Miss This #12: Australia

 Some things in Australia are better, and the school calendar is one of them. The kids go to school for four terms.  After a ten week term the kids get two weeks off. After the last term they get their summer vacation, but it is shorter than the summer vacation in the States. I prefer this system.  I love that the kids get more breaks throughout the year and when school holidays are on everything else stops.  No sports or other commitments are allowed during school holidays. I love this system  and I'm gonna miss the school holidays in Australia.  I also love that during school holidays there are things going on for the kids.  My girls love the craft class at the mall in front of Big W.  They went twice to color little ceramic animals.




 The National Museum of Australia is another favorite spot for the girls during school holidays.  We go to the crafty exhibit and this time the girls made head dresses inspired by a head dress in the museum from the Torres Strait Islanders.  

 After they made their headdresses, they got to stand in front of a green screen and video of them was projected to the great big screen in the main foyer.  The boys were with us but wanted nothing to do with making funny hats.



I'm gonna miss this.

No comments: