Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tumbling Trauma

James has been taking gymnastics for almost three years, and recently they asked him to be on the boys' pre-team so he can get ready for competitions. I was excited for him since he seems to love it and needs the challenge of doing more. Little did I know that this would be so traumatic for him. He came out of the first two classes crying and cried all one morning when he found out he had to go to gymnastics after school. I think his tears might to attributed to the Russian coach Vladamir. He is everything you'd think a Russian gymnastics coach would be like. This might be the beginning of the end of James' gymnastics career, but we'd like him to try a couple more months before he throws in the sweat towel.

3 comments:

The Reno Donnelly's said...

Come on James you can do it. We've seen you in action you are good! We're cheering for you.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Wow! He DOES have perfect form in that handstand...excellent!!

Totally Hess said...

So how did it go - any improvement! And Happy Birthday by the way! Sorry I missed the party - maybe you and I can go see another movie this week!