Monday, August 4, 2014

Arrow of LIght

 Tonight at pack meeting, James received his Arrow of Light, and the scout troop at the embassy welcomed him to boy scouts with a crossing over ceremony.
 We got our pins.  James, Doug and me with the Assistant Cub Master John Harwood.

 Crossing over the bridge.



 The girls come for the cupcakes.
Spencer said, "So where's your arrow?"  James didn't get an actual arrow, but he did get this boomerang from his cub scout troop.  This is the last event we'll attend at the embassy.  One week from  today we will be bound for the States.  I still can't believe we are in our final week.
Before we moved to Canberra I met Charlene in South Riding. She was headed to Canberra with her family eight months before us. She saved my life in many ways and I'll never forget her kindness to us when we first arrived and didn't know a thing about what was going on.

No comments: