Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'm Gonna Miss This #17:Australia

 It's kind of a funny thing to arrive in a foreign country and have someone drive you to your house you've never seen before.  We didn't choose this house, but it became our home.
Our front porch crew.

 Our living room (Aussies call it the lounge).
 Our dining room is part of the lounge.
 This is the heart of our home where everything happens.
 We have a great kitchen island. (Aussies call it a bench.)

 I really like our house, but I HATE my oven.  It is the smallest oven I've ever seen.  It's slightly bigger than a toaster oven.  Many of the pans I brought from Virginia do not fit in my tiny oven. My oven in Virginia and I are going to have a sweet reunion.  
 Our TV room where the kids hang out.  Not the cleanest room in the house.
 Our laundry room.
 James' room.
 Spencer's room.
 Our messy office.
 Our bedroom.
 Master bathroom.
 This is our main bathroom.  Most Australian homes have the toilet in a separate room by itself.

 Faith and Hope's room.
We're pretty excited to go back to our "new" home that we haven't really lived in yet.  We've also made a lot of memories and had some really great times in our house in Australia and we're gonna miss it.

No comments: