Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'm Gonna Miss This #18: Australia

 A few families in our ward put in a lot of work to throw a going-away party for us tonight.  We are so appreciative of all they did to make tonight happen.  It was so much fun.
 Bindi went to a lot of work doing Minute-to-Winnit games.  The kids and adults had a great time.
 James knocking over water bottles with a tennis ball in nylons.

 You had to jump to get all of the ping pong balls out of the box.


 Annie Waddoups, me, Tara Green and Shanae.  I tried so hard to take as many pictures as I could with people tonight and I realize I missed a lot of people.
 Doug and some guys did the vaseline on the nose with cotton ball race.

Brooke Fisher, me and Anne Vile

 Really cute American desserts.  Faith ate mostly dessert tonight.  I think that's all she ate.  She told someone she thought about putting some of her jello back but then said, "Heck, it's my party."

 Clockwise around the table: Me, Keturah, Shernael, Felicity, Wendy and Daniel, Josh, Kristen and Charlotte.
 Elsi, me and Flavia
Keturah, Shernael, me and Malia
All of the things we have seen and experienced in Australia mean nothing without the friendships we've made and the families who have taken us in as their own.  It has always been about the people for me.  I've come to love so many people here,  and I will probably never see them again in this life.  
If the Savior commanded us to love one another, it can only mean that we will have opportunities to see  them again.  I'm sincerely going to miss them.
Steve and Cath Parsons came to our house last Sunday to say goodbye and visit with us.  

No comments: