Shortly after we moved to Australia, Doug and I found this aboriginal painting at the Embassy street market and loved it so much we ended up taking it home with us. I love the hands. We didn't know it then, but these hands are pretty popular in ancient aboriginal art. On our way to the Blue Mountains today, we stopped at Red Hands Cave to see the inspiration behind our painting.
You can hike into Red Hands Cave, which is about 2 1/2 hours round trip. We decided to drive in, and it was about a ten minute walk down to the cave.
Awesome rocks for jumping.
So this is it. They are protecting the artwork with this wall, but behind the wall you can look at all of the red hands.
This art could be over 1600 years old.
Hiking out.
I think the kids liked the rocks more than the red hands.



















No comments:
Post a Comment