Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hobbiton

 If you ask the boys what their favorite part of New Zealand is, they'll tell you this, Hobbiton.  I actually admitted in front of other Hobbiton guests that I have never read the Hobbit or seen the movies (yes, they gasped in shock).  After visiting Hobbiton, I've made it a goal to read The Hobbit this year. Even for someone like me, Hobbiton was both beautiful and impressive. 
 Our guide asked the kids to stand in front of this hobbit hole to see how the different sizes of doors show perspective for whoever is standing in front of it. 









 Our tour went through the Shire and I think we posed and took a picture of every hobbit hole.



































 We ended our tour at the Green Dragon where we got a free drink.








No wonder Peter Jackson picked this piece of land for his movie set.  It is stunningly beautiful.

No comments: